In the spirit of keeping the summer vibe going, I thought leg toning resistance band workout was in order.
I’m OBSESSED with resistance bands for several reasons, but mainly I love them so much because of how portable they are! They literally roll up and fit in a purse. You don’t even need to think about it.
So you can pull it out while you’re on a lunch break at work or in your living room watching TV. Pretty much anywhere! And when you buy a pack of resistance bands, they give you several different band strengths from light to hard. So you can pick which one is best for you.
So if I’m doing more reps in a resistance band workout, I’ll use a lighter band. If I’m doing less reps, I’ll pick up the heavy one.
For this resistance band workout, I’m using a medium band.
So this workout is meant to tone and TIGHTEN your legs from all angles. Your butt, inner and outer thighs, quads, and hamstrings (aka cellulite problem area). Plus I incorporated a little bit of cardio in there to keep your heart rate up!
Perform 4 rounds of this workout in a circuit style of training. That means you complete each exercise once for the desired number of repetitions before coming back to it again. Good luck!
- Step into the resistance band and put it underneath your knees. Get in a squat position, with your feet fairly close together.
- Jump up, pushing through your toes. As you’re in the air, begin to separate your legs.
- Land the jump squat with your knees bent and your feet far apart. Then jump up again, bringing your legs closer together.
- Put the resistance band around your ankles and stand with your feet together.
- Shift your weight to your right side and lift your left leg off the ground.
- Using your outer thighs, bring your left leg as far away from your right as possible. Then hold for 2 seconds before bring your leg back to center.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on your left side before going to your right.
- Get on your hands and knees with the resistance band around your feet.
- Shift your weight to the right side.
- With your leg bent and your foot flexed, bring your foot upwards by pushing through your heel and squeezing your glutes.
- Hold the position for 2 seconds before bringing your leg back down.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions on your left side before going to your right.
- Lay down on the floor with your feet flat on the ground, your knees bent, and feet shoulder width apart. Place the resistance band underneath your knees.
- Push through your heels as your lift your hips off of the ground. Make sure to keep your knees inline with your feet.
- Hold this position for 2 seconds before returning to the ground.
- Lay on the ground with your knees in a table top position and the resistance band around your feet.
- Put your hands behind your head lift your shoulder blades off the ground to engage your core.
- While keeping one leg completely still, push through your heel with the other leg so that it is straight, hovering above the ground.
- Slow and controlled, bring your leg back to a table top position.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions on one side before going to the other.
- Lay on the ground with your legs straight up in the air, the resistance band wrapped around the ball of your feet, and your hands pulling the resistance band down to your torso.
- Push through your heels so that your feet are in a pointed position. Hold this position for 2 seconds.
- Return your feet back to a flexed, relaxed position.
SO. I want to hear from y’all! What workouts do you want to see on Healthy Habits | Happy Heart in the coming months?
What equipment should I use? More resistance bands? BOSU balls? Dumbbells? NO equipment?
Let me know babes!!
Anyways, I’m off to get my weekend hike in and do a little shoe shopping! Follow along on snap. UN: Kennedy_Meek
Talk soon! xx