It’s almost Friday!! We’re so close, guys. We can make it.
I have a really great leg workout for y’all today. It’s so important to target all muscles in your legs, especially if you’re trying to go for a more toned & muscular look. This workout takes care of alll the muscles in your legs, so you’ll look good from any direction.
Keeping your heart rate up is very important, especially when you’re trying to burn fat. So this workout is meant to be fast paced. Take as small breaks between exercises as you can!
You know me and my love for circuits, so perform this workout in a circuit. 3-5 sets!
DUMBBELL LEG WORKOUT
- Stand with your feet together and your shoulders back with two dumbbells on either side of you.
- Step forward with your right leg (about 2 feet away from your back leg) and lower yourself down so that your knees make a 90° angle. Make sure to keep your front knee behind with your toes.
- Push through the heel of your right foot to move back to your starting position and then repeat the movement on your left leg.
- Continue to alternate between right and left until you’ve reached the desired number of repetitions.
- Stand with your feet together and a dumbbell in each hand.
- With your right leg, take a large step out to the side of you. Keep your left leg straight as you bend your right leg. Keep the dumbbells on either side of your right knee as you continue to lunge.
- Push through your heel on your right leg to bring yourself back to starting position. Make sure to keep your left leg straight the entire movement.
- Continue with your right leg for the desired number of repetitions before switching to your left leg.
- Stand with your feet shoulder’s width apart, facing slightly outwards. Hold a dumbbell, close to your chest, by one of the bells.
- Squat down as low as you possibly can without rounding your back or dropping your chest.
- Push through your heels and contract your glutes to stand all the way back up to starting position.
- Repeat the movement until you reach the desired number of repetitions.
- Position yourself on the ground, laying on your left side. Place your left hand behind your head for support and your right hand on your right outer thigh with a dumbbell in hand.
- Keeping the dumbbell on your thigh, extend your right leg upwards, creating a wider angle between your left and right leg.
- Hold your leg in the air for 2 seconds before bringing it back down.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions on your right leg before switching to your left.
- Get into a push-up position with your arms slightly farther than shoulder width apart.
- Engage your abs as your push through your toes to bring your knees to your chest and your feet in between in your hands.
- Continue to contract your abs as your move your feet back to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Stand with your feet together and your shoulders back.
- Bend down and touch your hands to the ground (you can bend your knees if you need to). Walk your hands out until you have reached a push-up position.
- Perform a standard push-up by lowering yourself downward until your chest touches the ground. Then push through the palms of your hands to bring yourself back up.
- Reverse the movement by walking your hands backwards and stand back up.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
Looks fun, right?!
If you’re not done sweating yet, check out my workout index that I’m constantly adding to!
I’m planning on knocking out this workout later on tonight! When is your favorite time of the day to workout?