Who’s going to make my strawberry breakfast muffins? I literally ate the whole batch already, I’m OBSESSED. They’re a great pre-workout snack so it got me fueled for yesterday’s leg workout. Can we talk about difficult?! I had to power through the entire workout yesterday, so challenging! And I’m so sore today.
So we’re back to toning those arms today. AND we’re it up by adding some core and stability work too! It is so killer on the arms though. TRUST me, you’ll be breaking a sweat.
I’m mixing it up by adding some new exercises to really confuse your muscles that way they’re always getting stronger and leaner.
Let’s get this started!
This workout consists of 2 circuits. Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the first circuit as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. Take a 1-minute break and repeat the process with the second circuit. After you have finished both circuits, take a 2-5 minute break and repeat the entire process over again. The overall workout should take no more than 1 hour to complete.
Upright Rows (20 Reps)
- Start standing with your feet close together and hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs.
- Lead with your elbows and your raise the dumbbells up towards your chin until they are in line with your armpits.
- Make sure you’re squeezing your shoulder blades together as your lower the dumbbells back down.
Overhead Triceps Extension (20 Reps)
- Hold your dumbbells together above your head.
- Squeeze your arms together next to your ears as your bend at your elbows, bringing the dumbbells behind your head.
- Engage your triceps as your bring the dumbbells back above your head.
Close Grip Push-Ups (15 Reps)
- Start in a high plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Lower yourself down as your arms brush the side of your rib cage.
- Press through your palms and engage your abs as your push back up to a high plank position.
Plank Dumbbell Row (10 Reps Each Side)
- Start in plank position with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lift your right up, bringing the dumbbell toward your torso, keeping your elbows in; use your feet and opposite arm for balance.
- Lower the dumbbell back to the mat and repeat on the same side until you’ve reached your desired number of repetitions before moving on to the other leg.
W Shoulder Press (15 Reps)
- Start standing with your feet together. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, bending at the elbows so that your form a “W” position with your arms.
- Press the dumbbells up so that your arms are straight and form a “V” position.
- Keep your shoulder blades squeezed together as you bring your arms back down to a “W” position.
Lying Chest Press (15 Reps)
- Start lying on the ground, with your knees bent, making sure your lower back is touching the ground.
- Hold your dumbbells over your chest with the ends touching.
- Lower the dumbbells down to the floor with your arms perpendicular to your body, forming a right angle in your elbows.
- Engage your chest muscles as you push the dumbbells back above your chest.
Biceps Curls (20 Reps Alternating)
- Start standing upright with your dumbbells in each hand, palms facing forward.
- Contract your right bicep and bring the dumbbell to your shoulder. Be careful not to arch your back.
- Without letting your arms fall or swing, slowly bring your dumbbell back to your side.
- Then contract your left bicep as your curl the dumbbell to your shoulder.
- Continue alternating between the right and left side until you reach your desired number of repetitions.
Triceps Dip (20 Reps)
- Start on the ground with your knees bend and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the ground about a foot behind your body.
- Engage your triceps as your lift your butt off the ground so that your body weight is being supported but your arms.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the ground, then repeat.
See y’all back here tomorrow for a killer ab workout!