Day 4! Full body.
Yesterday’s ab workout was SO perfect, guys. I’m sore allll over and I’m loving every minute of it! Thank you to all of you that sent me kind birthday messages, it really made my 22nd birthday extra special.
But on to Day 4 so we can make our whole body burn! We’re almost done with Week 3. I can’t believe it! I hope everyone is loving their toned and tightened bods & I can’t wait to see the end result.
Remember to snap me after you’ve finished your workout! UN: Kennedy_Meek
Let’s get started…
This workout consists of 2 circuits. Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the first circuit as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. Take a 1-minute break and repeat the process with the second circuit. After you have finished both circuits, take a 2-5 minute break and repeat the entire process over again. The overall workout should take no more than 1 hour to complete.
Reverse Lunge to Knee Lift (15 Reps Each Side)
- Stand with your feet together and your shoulders back with two dumbbells on either side of you.
- Step backward with your left leg (about 2 feet away from your front leg) and lower yourself down so that your knees make a 90° angle. Make sure to keep your front knee behind with your toes.
- Push through the heel of your right foot to stand up and drive your left knee upwards towards your chest.
- Bring your left foot back down to the ground and repeat the movement.
Jump Squats (20 Reps)
- Place you feet shoulder width apart, arms in a comfortable position. My arms (in the picture) are placed by my side and bent at the elbow.
- Begin to bend your knees and get into a squatting position (as if performing a normal squat). Be aware of keeping your back straight, hips back, and your knees in line with your big toe.
- Jump upwards as hard as you can!!!!
- Land with bent legs to avoid back injuries. Knees in line with your big toe, hips back, and back straight (just like the starting position).
Reverse Fly (20 Reps)
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand while slightly bending your knees and hinging your upper body forward so that your arms naturally hang in front of your legs. Keep your shoulders pulled back and our abdominals engaged.
- Keep a soft bend in your elbows as your extend your arms out and back, making a T-shape with your upper body.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades and open your chest as your hold this position for about 2 seconds before returning to start.
Commandos (15 Reps Each Side)
- Start in a plank position with your core engaged.
- Push up off of your right arm so that you are supporting your weight with your right hand, then push up off of your left hand.
- You should now be in a push-up position.
- Reverse the movement and lower yourself back down to your forearm on your right hand first, then your left.
- Complete all repetitions on your right side before moving to your left.
Squat to Press (15 Reps)
- Start with your feet shoulders width apart and your dumbbells in hand, resting on your shoulders.
- Perform a traditional squat, making sure to keep your weight and your heels and your toes in line with your knees.
- As you stand up from your squat, push the dumbbells upwards so that your arms are fully extended above your head.
- Bring the dumbbells back to your shoulders and repeat the movement.
Wide Stance Push-Ups (15 Reps)
- Place your hands on the outer edges of your mat, or slightly wider than shoulders width apart, and get into a plank position.
- Keeping your back flat and your abs pulled in, lower yourself down so that your chest hovers over the ground.
- Push through your palms to extend your arms and get back to starting position.
- Move to your knees if this move is too challenging.
Biceps Curls (20 Reps)
- Start standing upright with your dumbbells in each hand, palms facing forward.
- Contract your bicep and bring the dumbbells to your shoulders. Be careful not to arch your back.
- Without letting your arms fall or swing, slowly bring your dumbbells back to your side.
Plank (30 Seconds)
- Start by placing your elbow on the ground, so that your elbows are in line with your shoulders.
- Extend your legs backward and lift your body off of the ground so that your elbows and toes are supporting your weight.
- Make sure your keep your abs engaged and your back flat.
- Hold for the desired number of seconds.
We’ll hit the cardio tomorrow and then on to Week 4: the last week of the New Year Shape Up Series. So pumped!