How has the New Year Shape Up Series been for you? I want to hear your favorite parts and the stuff you weren’t feeling. I’m doing this for YOU, so I want to hear your opinions! Let me know in the comments below.
Anyways, today’s workout is super high intensity, just the way I like it. Lots of jump lunges and jump squats happening here. You’ll definitely feel the burn but also break a sweat! Perfect combo.
Here we go!
This workout consists of 2 circuits. Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the first circuit as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. Take a 1-minute break and repeat the process with the second circuit. After you have finished both circuits, take a 2-5 minute break and repeat the entire process over again. The overall workout should take no more than 1 hour to complete.
Jump Squat to Knee Tuck (15 Reps)
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- As you jump up, bring your knees towards your chest to perform a tuck in the air.
- Land with soft knees and perform another squat to repeat the movement.
Speed Skaters (20 Reps)
- Get in a normal standing position and take a large step to the right, sweeping your left leg behind your right leg and your left hand touching your right toe.
- Front this position, push through your right foot to jump up, making a “star” position in the air and land with your left foot forward, reversing the original position.
- Hop between the left and right side until you’ve reached your desired number of repetitions.
Squat Jacks (20 Reps)
- Get in a squat position, with your feet fairly close together.
- Jump up, pushing through your toes. As you’re in the air, begin to separate your legs.
- Land the jump squat with your knees bent and your feet far apart. Then jump up again, bringing your legs closer together.
Snap Jumps (20 Reps)
- Get into a push-up position with your arms slightly farther than shoulder width apart.
- Engage your abs as your push through your toes to bring your knees to your chest and your feet in between in your hands.
- Continue to contract your abs as your move your feet back to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Jump Lunges (20 Reps)
- Place both feet about hips-width apart with your shoulders back and chest out. Put your hands on your hips and take a large step forward with your right foot.
- Bend both knees to about a 90 Degree angle, making sure that your front knee is in line with your big toe. DO NOT let your knee fall forward (can cause knee injury).
- Jump upwards from this position, switching your legs in the air so that you land with your left foot forward and your right foot behind you.
- Make sure you land with the same 90 Degree angle in each knee and your front knee in line with your big toe.
- Repeat the same sequence with your left foot forward and so on.
Burpees (20 Reps)
- Bend over and place your hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of your feet.
- Jump with both feet back so that you’re in a push-up position.
- Jump your feet forward, back toward the hands.
- Plant both feet firmly on the ground before you stand up straight.
Mountain Climbers (40 Reps)
- Assume a push-up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms.
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg.
- Continue alternating for the desired number of repetitions.
360 Jump Squats (20 Reps)
- Start standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend at your knees so that you are in a squat position. As you press up through your heels, jump explosively into the air while twisting your torso to change your body’s direction.
- Land in the same position (facing the opposite direction) and perfect the same move again, twisting back the other way.
Can’t wait for Week 4!