So you’ve seen all these exercises before, but we aren’t using any weight. BUT there are more reps than normal per exercises. Can’t let you get off that easy!
This is the last ab workout of the New Year Shape Up Series so make it count. You got this, babes!
This workout consists of 2 circuits. Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the first circuit as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. Take a 1-minute break and repeat the process with the second circuit. After you have finished both circuits, take a 2-5 minute break and repeat the entire process over again. The overall workout should take no more than 1 hour to complete.
Russian Twists (40 Reps)
- Sit down with your knees bent and your heels off of the ground so that your shins are in parallel to the ground. Extend your arms straight and press your palms together.
- Lean back at a slight angle as you rotate your torso and the dumbbells from one side of your body to the other, keeping your head aligned with the dumbbell at all times.
V-Ups (15 Reps)
- Lie flat on the ground with your arms extended by your ears and your legs hovering about 6 inches off the ground.
- Engage your abs and bring your legs and your upper body towards each other so that they meet in the middle.
- Hold the position for about 2 seconds before returning your legs and torso to the ground.
Bicycles (40 Reps)
- Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head and your legs fully extended.
- Raise your right elbow and left knee so that they meet in the middle of your body.
- While keeping your shoulder blades off the ground, slowly switch from leg to the other while simultaneously switching your elbows.
- Continue to switch between either side until you reach the desired number of repetitions.2
Side Plank Leg Lift (15 Reps Each Side)
- Start in a side plank position, resting on your forearm and your feet stacked on top of each other.
- Make sure to lift the hips away from the ground, engaging your obliques to keep you stable.
- Lift your top leg off of the bottom leg, making sure to keep your hips lifted and your core engaged.
- Hold your leg up for the count of 2 before lowering it down to meet your bottom leg.
Plank (1 Minute Hold)
- Start by placing your elbow on the ground, so that your elbows are in line with your shoulders.
- Extend your legs backward and lift your body off of the ground so that your elbows and toes are supporting your weight.
- Make sure your keep your abs engaged and your back flat.
- Hold for the desired number of seconds.
Toe Touches (20 Reps)
- Lay flat on your back with your feet straight up in the air and your hands behind your head.
- Keeping your low back pressed into the ground, reach your fingertips towards your toes, bringing your shoulder blades off the ground.
- Slowly reverse the movement, one vertebrae at a time.
Flutter Kicks (40 Reps)
- Start lying on the ground with your hands behind your head and your legs hovering about 6 inches off the ground.
- Simultaneously raise one leg higher while the other leg lowers without touching the ground. Then switch the high and low leg to the opposite.
- Continue this pattern until you’ve reached your desired number of repetitions.
Crunch Tuck (20 Reps)
- Start lying on the ground with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight with your feet hovering about 6 inches off the ground.
- Contract your abs as your bring your knees and arms/head towards the center of your body so that you can “hug” your knees.
- Slowly release as your knees and bring your arms and legs back to starting position without lifting your lower back off the ground.
Full body tomorrow! Almost to the end!