Today is the last day of the New Year Shape Up Series!
So bittersweet, am I right? I’ve loved getting snaps and tweets and Facebook messages from you babes while you’re doing your workouts. It’s been so fun to see y’all grow and change both physically & mentally throughout this workout series.
So what do you say we finish strong with a plyometric HIIT workout today?!
Today’s workout is all about getting sweaty and fatigued. We’re training our heart and lungs to handle more rigorous exercise while making our muscles stronger. Perfect combo.
Let’s get started!
This workout consists of 2 circuits. Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the first circuit as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. Take a 1-minute break and repeat the process with the second circuit. After you have finished both circuits, take a 2-5 minute break and repeat the entire process over again. The overall workout should take no more than 1 hour to complete.
360 Jump Squats (20 Reps)
- Start standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend at your knees so that you are in a squat position. As you press up through your heels, jump explosively into the air while twisting your torso to change your body’s direction.
- Land in the same position (facing the opposite direction) and perfect the same move again, twisting back the other way.
Jump Lunges (20 Reps)
- Place both feet about hips-width apart with your shoulders back and chest out. Put your hands on your hips and take a large step forward with your right foot.
- Bend both knees to about a 90 Degree angle, making sure that your front knee is in line with your big toe. DO NOT let your knee fall forward (can cause knee injury).
- Jump upwards from this position, switching your legs in the air so that you land with your left foot forward and your right foot behind you.
- Make sure you land with the same 90 Degree angle in each knee and your front knee in line with your big toe.
- Repeat the same sequence with your left foot forward and so on.
High Knees (40 Reps)
- Stand straight with the feet hip width apart, looking straight ahead and arms hanging down by your side.
- Jump from one foot to the other at the same time lifting your knees as high as possible, hip height is advisable.
- The arms should be following the motion.
- Touch the ground with the balls of your feet.
Walk Out to Push Up (15 Reps)
- Stand with your feet together and your shoulders back.
- Bend down and touch your hands to the ground (you can bend your knees if you need to). Walk your hands out until you have reached a push-up position.
- Perform a standard push-up by lowering yourself downward until your chest touches the ground. Then push through the palms of your hands to bring yourself back up.
- Reverse the movement by walking your hands backwards and stand back up.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
Burpees (15 Reps)
- Bend over and place your hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of your feet.
- Jump with both feet back so that you’re in a push-up position.
- Jump your feet forward, back toward the hands.
- Plant both feet firmly on the ground before you stand up straight.
Squat Jacks (20 Reps)
- Get in a squat position, with your feet fairly close together.
- Jump up, pushing through your toes. As you’re in the air, begin to separate your legs.
- Land the jump squat with your knees bent and your feet far apart. Then jump up again, bringing your legs closer together.
Speed Skaters (20 Reps)
- Get in a normal standing position and take a large step to the right, sweeping your left leg behind your right leg and your left hand touching your right toe.
- Front this position, push through your right foot to jump up, making a “star” position in the air and land with your left foot forward, reversing the original position.
- Hop between the left and right side until you’ve reached your desired number of repetitions.
Butt Kicks (40 Reps)
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with your hands on your hips.
- Bend your left knee and knee so that your foot goes back towards your glutes (basically kicking your butt) then bring it back down.
- As your left foot comes back towards the ground, your right knee will simultaneously so that your right foot is not kicking your butt.
- Alternate between left and right until you’ve reached your desired number of repetitions.
And you FINISHED! I hope you feel so accomplished, strong, and toned.
What did you think of the New Year Shape Up Series? Comment below, I want to hear from y’all.
There will definitely be more workout plans coming your way throughout the year, so make sure to subscribe to the HH|HH mailing list so you stay in the loop!
SO proud of you!!