Let me tell you a little bit about how these delicious Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookies and I came to be soul mates. I was scrolling through the many food Instagram accounts that I follow when I came across a picture of some cookies with the hashtag #kimhoeltjecookies.
Curious as I am, I searched and found an Instagram account belonging to Kim Hoeltje; this fantastic super mom is the owner of a blog full of healthy recipes. And lo and behold, my love for these cookies was born!!!!!
These cookies are SUPER simple to make: it only requires a couple of ingredients and can be mixed in one bowl. In fact, I bought all the ingredients for this batch that I made from CVS. They’re low calorie as well. The recipe makes 12 cookies and the entire batch is 365 Calories. Like WHAT?! I’m sold.
So with out further adieu, here is the Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookie recipe sent from Heaven (aka Kim Hoeltje):
- 1 scoop of whey protein — flavor of choice (I used vanilla for this cookie batch)
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- sweetener to taste — 1-2 packets (I didn’t use any and my cookies were still very sweet)
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl (the mixture should be pretty sticky).
- With a spoon, scoop the cookie batter on a non-stick backing sheet or onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Number of cookies per serving: 12
- Calories per serving: 365 Calories
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 62 g
- Protein: 24 g
** Calories and nutrition may vary depending on what kind of protein powder and add ins you put into your cookies**
These cookies are great for any occasion and they keep you full! Also, they’re great for when you’re craving something sweet. Try out the recipe and let me know what you think!
Download the printable version by clicking the link below!