This adorable little snack has totally become a summertime staple as of late. Super simple to put together (like it literally took me 5 minutes…presentation included!) and they’re HEALTHY.
I’m into snacking right now. So instead of eating 3 big meals a day, I’ve been eating smaller meals 5-6 times a day. It keeps me fuller longer, which is a plus because I’m constantly hungry. And eating more frequently boosts your metabolism and helps burn more calories throughout the day!
So I pop like 10 or so of these skewers into some Tupperware and eat it whenever I’m hungry.
Let’s get right down to it, shall we?
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced into large chunks
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- Half of a lime
- A few sprigs of cilantro, minced
- Place the diced cucumber, pineapple, and minced cilantro into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the bowl.
- Mix ingredients well until all the cucumber and pineapple are coated with the lime and cilantro.
- Alternate between sticking pineapple and cucumber on a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top.
And there’s totally some Mexican flair to the recipe with the lime and cilantro.
I’m digging it.
If you’re just IN LOVE with pineapple cucumber skewers like I am, make sure to check out my recipe index for a bunch of other healthy (and easy to make) recipes! Any recipes that you’re obsessing over that I need to try?! This constantly-hungry-babes needs more ideas!
OH, and did you get a chance to check out my realistic goal setting post from this past weekend? A lot of good stuff there.
Anyways, talk tomorrow, babes!