As clean as I try to eat, cheat meals are my favorite time of the week. I mean, indulging in something really bad for you just feels SO good. Pizza is definitely one of my go-to cheat meals as it probably is for most people. It’s like a staple of American junk food. How could you NOT like it?!
I make it a priority to earn my cheat meals and, at least, try to feel guiltless about it which is not a very easy task.
BUT what if I told you I have a low cal/low carb alfredo pizza that ACTUALLY tastes good? You probs wouldn’t believe me, but I’m being totally serious. What’s even better? You can eat the entire pizza without feeling guilty.
Say goodbye to the one-slice-life. It’s so overrated anyway.
This should come as no surprise, but I like my food to be customizable that way I can make it any way I want. Clearly, pizza is super customizable and you can add anything to it (still trying to figure out who decided pineapple on pizza was a good idea…GAG).
So I decided to use my cauliflower alfredo recipe as the sauce for my pizza and it was one of my better ideas this week. AND I got a full serving of my veggies which is a major plus.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- Italian seasoning to taste (I used a couple pinches)
- Cauliflower alfredo sauce
- 4 oz chicken breast (about 1 chicken breast uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sautéed onions
- 1/4 cup chopped & cooked bacon (can substitute for turkey bacon for less fat)
- 1/2 to 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare the cauliflower alfredo sauce as shown here.
- Combine the ingredients for the pizza crust in a bowl and mix well. Cover and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- While you let the pizza dough rest, grease a skillet over medium heat and cook the chopped up chicken breast all the way through. Add some salt and pepper for taste if you want. Once cooked, set aside and cook the bacon. Then finally, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Uncover the pizza dough, place on a greased baking sheet, and form it into a circle. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the pizza dough is cooked, start adding the toppings. First the alfredo sauce, then the cheese, then chicken, bacon, and onions.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- EAT THE ENTIRE PIZZA.
I’m dying. Pizza doesn’t have to be a cheat meal anymore.
ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.
You know me, making the world a better place, one guilt-free cheat meal at a time. HA.
By the way, how cool is the video?! I’m so excited to start sharing tips & recipes & workouts through video. I feel like it makes Healthy Habits | Happy Heart SO much more personal. Ya know?! And on that note, I want to hear from y’all…what kinds of stuff do you like seeing most on the blog? What do you want to see more of?
Let me know in the comments below!