For those of you who don’t know what a BOSU ball is, it’s basically a half of a stability ball blown up, attached to a flat platform. You can buy one here! This is one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment because you can get really creative with it! Plus, it’s portable so you can take it pretty much anywhere.
The possibilities are ENDLESS. Seriously.
So I put together some of my favorite, fat burning, muscle building exercises for your entire body! Not one muscle will go unworked, let me tell ya.
Here’s how this BOSU ball workout is gonna go:
Complete 4 sets of this workout in a circuit style. Try to finish an entire circuit before grabbing a sip of water or taking a break. Between each circuit, take about 30 seconds to a minute to rest before starting the next circuit.
- Start by standing 2 to 3 feet away with your back facing the BOSU ball. Move one foot back and rest your toe on the toe on the BOSU ball. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your chest upright, lower yourself down until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Make sure your knee is in line with your toes.
- Push through your heel and contract your glutes to stand back up.
- Start in a plank position with your core engaged and your forearms resting on the BOSU.
- Push up off of your right arm so that you are supporting your weight with your right hand, then push up off of your left hand.
- You should now be in a push-up position, hands resting on the BOSU.
- Reverse the movement and lower yourself back down to your forearm on your right hand first, then your left.
- Complete all repetitions on your right side before moving to your left.
- Flip the BOSU ball over, so that the round side is on the ground, and grip the edge of the platform with your hands.
- Lower your body, performing a normal pushup.
- The goal is to keep the BOSU as still as possible while you push yourself back up to starting position.
- Assume a push-up position so your hands are gripping the sides of the flat side of the BOSU ball.
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg.
- Continue alternating for the desired number of repetitions.
- Lie down so that your obliques are resting on the round side of the BOSU ball.
- Reach your arm overhead and stretch your body out other the ball so that your obliques not touching the ball are stretched.
- Then contract your obliques to raise your body off of the BOSU ball and perform a side crunch.
- Side on the center of the round side of the BOSU ball with your hands behind you.
- Start with your legs extended straight out in front of you.
- While keeping your balance, kick one leg up and the other leg down simultaneously. Then switch directions of each leg.
- Continue alternating until you reach the desired number of repetitions.
Are you feeling it yet?! BOSU ball workouts are THE best. Maybe I’ll do a few more…thoughts?
What’re some of your favorite exercises to do on the BOSU ball?
Like I said, the possibilities are endless with this thing.
Happy Thursday, babes!