Before I get into today’s breakfast recipe, I want to remind y’all to enter my FITBIT GIVEAWAY! There are only 2 more days to enter!
Even though I like my mornings to be pretty relaxing, I don’t always have time to leisurely sip my coffee, read a book, and make some extravagant breakfast every morning. And at 4:30 in the morning, I’m not really in the mood to do that either.
I love breakfast options that you can just grab on-the-go and eat, especially when it tastes yum-o & it’s good for you!
That’s why I love having mini frittatas in my fridge at all times. I feel like everything tastes better when they’re mini, I don’t know why.
Anyways, these little morsels of breakfast heaven are so customizable and you can make them any way you want. Like, literally SO many options. I’m all for originality, especially when it comes to food because I’m the pickiest eater you’ll ever meet (hence my
hatred tolerance for vegetables). These mini frittatas are also so healthy too! Just with a couple of ingredients, they’re packed full of protein and good-for-you nutrients. I’m all for eating healthy things that taste bomb.
Mini frittatas make a great pre-workout snack also. They’re not a heavy meal so you don’t have that uncomfortable bloated feeling while you workout but they give you a lot of energy so you can get through the workout.
Here’s how to make them.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 4-6 oz of lean ground turkey
- 3 cups spinach chopped up
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice (I’ve made these with cheddar & feta)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a skillet over medium heat, fully cook the ground turkey until browned. Then evenly distribute the turkey between the 12 muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and spinach. Then pour the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Add the cheese to the top of each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the frittatas have puffed up.
As I said before, there isn’t just one way to make them. You could add bell peppers or mushrooms or even bacon. There are endless possibilities. So many different combos, it makes my head spin.
I’m actually eating a mini frittata while writing this post about mini frittatas. LOL. I got a craving for one about half way through writing this. It’ll be a good pre-leg day snack because my hip is FINALLY recovered (for the most part). I have to use lighter weights and watch my form REALLY carefully, but I should be doing that anyways. It’s definitely been a good experience to give my body the rest it needed. But (I can’t believe I’m about to say this) man oh man I miss jump squats!
What’s your favorite on-the-go breakfast food? Pre-workout snack?